Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Motivation

Here come some ideas, how to raise the motivation for doing parkour. Motivation means, I am interested in something or doing a kind of stuff. (Wikipedia: Motivation is the driving force which causes us to achieve goals.) Thus the motivation takes place a long or short time before an event occurs.

In other words there are two main topics on that:
  1. the time before the training
  2. while practicing parkour
to 1)
Motivation with the help of media (often Internet, then TV and at last books or magazines) is one of my favorite.

Watching videos of very experienced people on YouTube, whom I can look up to or even of some amateurs, where I often recognize my real skills and don't understimate them, is a real source of delight, I must admit.

Sometimes a documentary or a article makes me feel comfortable with the thought to be one of that fantastic movement, too.

I have almost forgotten the music. I believe the music is one of the strongest motivation sources. Nevertheless I haven't trained (except only balance-training) with it yet, as I think it can distract me from the stuff in parkour, which requires my whole concentration, in order to prevent injuries. Nevertheless a nice earworm isn't bad from time to time.

to 2) (while practicing parkour)
In other words, how your training proceeds.

Training in the group or alone can be both very inspiring. In the group you just have more fun and alone there is that great atmosphere, where you are alone and no one else, nobody except you and the obstacle...You know that stuff, don't you.

There are two types of keep doing a exercise a certain time. Firstly, I say to myself, to do balancing for example one hour long. That means I determine a certain time, which I want to stay training.
The second, is to determine a certain number of repetitions. For instance, 100 set-ups. So I will stay motivated until I have finished my targeted objectives!

I hope you enjoyed reading and you will keep motivated in parkour now.

Bye

Michail

No comments:

Post a Comment